Thursday, February 1, 2007

Dongsi Shitiao

Every day I end up at some major intersection, and I'm blown away by the buildings and bustle of people and cars. Today, that intersection was Dongshi Sitiao (东四十条), which is pretty much equivalent to saying 40th ave [correction, it only appears to have the interpretation, further investigation has led me to learn it's more like the "Dongsi area, 10lane"]. On the SE corner was an art museum. I didn't go in, but I was amazed by the building. The time was around 5pm, and the traffic was quite heavy. The N-S road is Dongzhimen, and the E-W is Gongrentiyulu.

On my way home I pass a construction yard which is absolutely huge, there are 15 or so cranes all over it. I can't tell what's going up.

DongSiShiTiao subway station art.
FuHua mansion.
Random english rubbish.
DongZhiMen traffic, nuts!




Front of the Poly Art Museum.
The Poly Art Museum, vertical perspective from base.

Brick walls appear to be mostly laid in a hasty fashion. This wall could use about 5 days worth of tuckpointing!


Art museum from across the street.
This is about 10min from my hotel. The yard has about 15 cranes overall, and I don't know what they're buildling.
This image is pure China. They have such a large workforce, every project has excess people who watch over certain areas, doors, gates, supply storage zones, etc.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi zach!
i'm glad things are going well. i'm diggin the pan shots.
and the vancouver photos were AMAZING. i have to make my way over there. soon.

Anonymous said...

haha. i love the pictures with little old ladies with little red flags. you can't get more china than that. bring me back memories.
have you had peiking duck, bing tang hu lu, jiang bing, and other street eats yet?

Anonymous said...

Hey Zach,
where have you been??

Anonymous said...

Post more pics, mofo!