Thursday, January 18, 2007

VISA acquired!

It only took 3 business days to acquire my entry visa. And it only cost me $50.
When I first arrived to the consulate on St.George, there was a huge lineup for visa applications and only 2 ppl waiting for visa pickup. Of course, I forgot to bring cash with me the first time I went. So, I trudged down to Bloor, took out some cash from the BMO ATM, and returned, only to find that the lines had switched sizes on me.
But overall, pretty easy and all. I was really worried that I'd filled in something incorrectly on the visa application sheet. The chinese font on them is like three times the size of the english font, and the spaces left for filling in the information are unclear and inconsistent. But apparently even an engineer can figure it out.
They took my picture but it's not on my visa, not sure why they needed a photo in the first place. I guess they keep it in their records.
Here's a scan of my visa (sensitive information understandably blurred):


No comments: